Mikey with his clapper
Joey's Puzzle ( gotta love dollar tree)
"Reading" his new bookSeptember 2008
September 2008
June 2009
What a cutie!

I love this one too
Joey showing off his dance moves for the class!
Mikey showing his moves!
He was VERY excited to sit in between his two "girlfriends"
June 2009
What a difference! His baby face is gone:(
September 2008
June 2009
What a cutie!
I love this one too
Joey showing off his dance moves for the class!
Mikey showing his moves!
He was VERY excited to sit in between his two "girlfriends"On Wednesday Joey FINALLY had his last day of preschool. I think we were the only district in the state that was still in school:) He was very excited for his last day, especially for the party. They had ordered pizzas for the kids and we brought in cookies and juice boxes. The end of the year was a little different since Joey's teacher was on a family leave since the end of May. Joey had a great relationship with Mrs. Joyce since she was his teacher for the past 2 years. It was hard to explain to him that she wasn't coming back, but for me I really wanted Joey to have that closure. I know he is young, but I wanted it too I guess. She was a great teacher and helped Joey so much!
Despite it being a little off this year, the party was nice. Joey wanted pictures with a few of his friends too. He got his backpack full of items from the year; journals, cubby signs, name plates, and his BEAR! If your Bear was picked for the day you were the class leader. You held the flag, got the milk cartons, counted all the kids, etc. Let's just say it was a huge deal! These items are now on display in his room and he is so proud!
The morning of the last day of school Joey came down to the kitchen all decorated with crepe paper, balloons, and signs. They each got a little treasure to begin the summer. I think the highlight of the moring was he got cool whip on his waffle and a candle. We sang, "Happy Last Day of school to you" It was cheesy, but he loved it! He remembered that I did that for his first day of school!
I tried to get the sentimental pictures too. I took one in front of his school by the crayon, the same place as the first day of school. I have to say how proud I am of Joey. He has blossomed in so many different ways. His OT teacher said that, "Joey is the sweetest, kindest boy she has ever worked with" That was so nice of her to say. he even gave his teachers and friends hugs to say good bye. His speech is excellent, his fine motor skills have greatly improved and he feels so comfortable in new surrondings without me with him. I look forward to next year when both boys will be in preschool:)
This summer we plan on relaxing by the Lifetime pool or the kiddie one in our backyard. We have storytimes, reading program, swimming lessons, playgroups, playdates, and just having fun! The highlight of our summer is that Mikey will be 3 on June 27th and we have a family vaca to Cali in August! Great things to look forward to and many blessings to be thankful for. Happy Summer everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment