






















On September 2, 2009, both Joey and Mikey started preschool at deLacey. Joey began his 3rd year at the preschool and Mikey started his 1st!! Mikey was very nervous to go to school, but having Joey go with him helped a lot. Joey is in room 19 and Mikey is in room 9 and they are both right by the playground which was a big deal:)
On September 1, 2009 we had the Open House were we got to meet the teachers and see the classrooms. The boys brought their new backpacks filled with their new school supplies. We went to Mikey's room first and he was so nervous...too cute! As soon as his teacher asked him about his supplies, he whipped out his Chicago Bears notebook and was all smiles. He followed Ms. Devore all around the classroom to check out his cubby, the toys and the circle area. He loved the car garage and toy cars! We headed to Joey's new classroom. He has a new teacher this year since the last 2 years he had Mrs. Joyce. She thought it would be a good idea so the transition for a new teacher in kinder. won't be so tramatic. Joey's teacher is great! She is young and full of great ideas for the kids. Joey unloaded his backpack and was super proud of his Transformer notebook. He met a new friend and loved the fact that there were cars in his classroom. The best part of the night was Joey being a big brother. He was so helpful in showing Mikey around the school and wanted to make sure he felt comfortable. It was adorable.
The school started a new kiss n go program where I just pull up and the teacher takes the kids out of the car. For the past 2 years I have been taking Joey inside and having that daily interaction. Don't get me wrong, its nice to just pull up, but I miss taking them in. Good thing I brought my camera to the open house otherwise I would have had no pics of the classrooms!
The first day of school the boys woke up to good luck decos and waffles with whipped cream. The best part for them was the candles. Joey got 3 for this third year of preschool and Mikey got 1 for his first year of preschool. Then we sang "Happy First Day of school to you" Yeah I know it's cheesy, but they LOVED it!
The drop off was tear free ( except for Mommy) and the pick up was wonderful! Both boys talked non stop about their day! I was so happy and proud! It has been a little over one full week of school and things are going smoothly. Mikey goes MWF and Joey goes everyday. I now have 2.5 hours to myself 3 days a week. which has been nice to get errands done or tutoring.
Here's to a great 2009-2010 school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment