Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Fun!

The pepper that Joey had been growing in Papa's garden was ready to eat:) He tried it and was so proud of himself!


Payton, Joey and Mikey playing "dance party"

Mikey got a new Bears hat and didn't even want to take it off for nap:)


The boys in the middle of the Spiderman web

Yep, that is my fearless son at the top of that 12 foot pole


This one cracks me up:)

I did it Mama!


I cannot believe it is already July. There was so much that I wanted to do this summer with the boys and I feel like we're running out of time! Both boys are in their second session of swimming lessons and they are doing excellent. Joey is really getting the front stroke! He even puts his face in and to the side to breathe..! Mikey is doing okay, not liking it as much as Joey. He is still afraid ot put his face in:) However, when we were at the Lifetime pool the other day, he put his entire face underwater! Yeah! He said, "Mommy aren't you proud of me?" Too cute. Joey is all about coaching Mikey to put his face in, "It will be okay, just close your eyes, ok?"
While I am typing this I am remembering some Joeyisms and Mikeyisms...:)
Joey was at the doctor on Tuesday since he said he had an earache, which ended up being nothing, thankfully! Here was the conversation between the doc and Joey:
Doctor: What hurts Joey?
Joey: My shoulder, my ear and sometimes my toes
Doctor: Does it hurt when I do this?
Joey: NO
Doctor: Does it hurt when I do this?
Joey: I don't know
Doctor: Does it hurt more or less when I do this?
Joey: It hurts more or less
too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey: Mommy I love you
Me: I love you too Mikey!
Mikey: No Mommy I love you forever and always
Me: Thank you honey!
Mikey: I'm not done yet..I love you forever and always my baby you be!

I read him "Love you Forever" for bedtime and that is part of the song the Mommy sings. If you have read the book you'll know what I am talking about:)

Anyway, we had a few playdates this week. Our outing to Pirates Cove was cancelled due to rain with the Browns, so we played Dance Party instead:) Thursday we went to Festival Park in Elgin with Tami and Penney's kids and enjoyed a nice, warm day!

No comments:

Post a Comment