Friday, April 24, 2009

Growing like weeds!

Both of the boys have really matured over the winter. Even though we still have a lot of bickering back and forth "Mommy it's mine,,he took it! No MY turn!" they both have changed a lot. Joey is very into doing things all by himself. Lately, he wants to cook lunch for mikey and I. It has been wonderful! We even branched out to grilled cheese the other day with help from me by the stove. He WANTS jobs to do around the house. He already gets the newspaper in the morning, makes his bed, and now we've begun taking Lucky for a walk in the mornings. It has been nice to have that one on one time with Joey. He gets to pick where we walk and hold the leash. Then whenever we get close to our house, we have to race to see who wins....he is all about winning lately:) He is getting so tall and all of his 5T clothes are super small, so he has officially moved over to the big boy section:( Now at children's place, I have to go to both sides...my chances of having matching outfits are dwindling. He is in a boys 5/6 or even a 7 in some pants.

Joey is finishing up his 2nd year at deLacey and will attend preschool again in the fall. However, his speech minutes on his IEP will only be consult minutes!! That means that he no longer qualifies for direct minutes with a therpist, only consult, like 20 minutes a MONTH! I am so proud of him! He works so hard, and always does his speech homework with me. When we began this journey with Joey in December of 2006, I thought he would always be in speech. Words cannot express how proud I am of him and am so lucky to have him as our first born:)

Michael is trying so hard to be like his big brother. He wants to do and see everything JOey has. If JOey has one toy, MIkey wants it too. He is talking up a storm and says the funniest things throughout the day. "MOmmy, those are some fancy shoes you've got on" "I think this is a little too tight around my tummy, I ate too much peanut butter sandwiches" He will jsut tell me at the most random times, "I love you Mommy!" We were walking out of the store the other day and he just grabbed my leg and said that...i about melted:)

Mikey loves sports and will play outside all day if you let him. He is doing a great job riding his tricycle and doesn't want help anymore..the bar has been taken off:( Sometimes when JOey is at school, we will go for walks at the forest preserve and he loves to listen to the birds and look at the fishies. He has also been trying so hard to make new friends and is so proud of himself. Today at the park he met two new boys and said to me, "mommy, I did it, I met a new boy"

Lisa took some great pictures of the boys last week at Randall Oaks Park, where we had MIkey's birthday party last year. I will add those as soon as ai figure it out..thanks for reading;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing Mis. It's nice to see pictures all the time but it's also great to read how the boys are growing up and hear your feelings that can't be expressed through a photo. I am SO proud of you. You are a great Mom and the boys are where they are today because of you and all the hard, loving work you have put in to make them outstanding boys. Love you and give Joey and Mikey a great big hug from Uncle Matt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the boys are doing great! Isn't it great watching them grow?? :)

    ReplyDelete