Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter 2009 Update
















Well, I worked on my new blog on New Year's Eve and made a resolution to keep it consistantly updated so it was a nice baby book for the boys. Well, I am sad to say that today is January 30th and it is only my second post...whoops:)










I want this blog to be a positive expression of how trulyblessed I am to have two healthy, happy boys. They are my heart and soul. Here is an update on how they are doing...










Joey is attending preschool at deLacey 5 days a week from 8:15am - 10:45am. We are the first ones there everyday since I am one of two moms that drop off their kids. The rest of the students take the bus. His teacher suggested that Joey be the one to greet the kids, so he feels more at ease. Everyday we see "Miss Lupe" in the office and the boys ask her for a sticket. Befoer Joey was very shy and wouldn't say antyhing to her. Now he says, "Miss Lupe..Where aer you? Can I have a sticker please?" She has even commented on how wonderful he is progressing with speech.










He meets with both the OT and Speech therpists on Wednesday mornings for his direct minutes. Even in the beginning of the year he was very hesistant to go down to their offices. Now he goes down with them and there are no tears! Yeah Joey! When I pick him up from school, I can see him on his tippy toes looking for Mommy and Mikey. I always wave and I get a huge smile back. Then he runs up and says, "Did you bring me a snack?" Just like his Mommy, always thinking about food:) We do his homework almost everyday while Mikey is taking a nap. Joey is very reluctant to take naps, but there are somedays when he is jsut wiped out. I took them to Lifetime on Monday to swim since Joey was off and they both took 2 1/2 hour naps:)










Joey's eating has gotten much better. He will eat hot dogs, meatballs, chicken, plain pasta, carrots, corn, bagels, quesadillas, chicken fried rice, etc. The eating has become much better even though meal times are still quite challenging. Since he was in theraphy at home, we have been reading books while we eat. It is an incentive for him to take bites, etc..even though we have been doing this for two years, it greatly helps Joey. Joey can count to ten in Spanish too...it is adorable:) Also, he is a great big brother. He always makes sure Mikey is near him when we go places and is really good at teaching Mikey how to do things. It is so cute! The other day at LIfetime,they were playing in the child center and when I walked out I saw that Joey has his arms around Mikey. They didn't see me, but I could see how Joey was being the "overprotective" big brother. We still meet with the same playgroup we've been in since Joey was 1. The kids have grown so much and have become close friends.










Joey is also in "Having a Ball" which is on Saturday mornings through the park district. The first few weeks was t-ball, now they are in basketball. He enjoys it, and even made two baskets during a "game" last week. My dad loves coming out to watch Joey's class, my mom too:) I am so proud of him. I can't wait to sit in the stands cheering him on in the future.










Mikey is a vibrant, happy two year old. He knows exactly what he wants and loves to be the center of attention. His latest silly thing is burping and then saying "Ssscuzzzz me!" Then he laughs hysterically. He is still taking a great nap in the afternoon and going down at 8:00pm. His eating has always been good, probably because I utilized all the tricks Joey's teachers taught me with Mikey too. Lately, he will say " I can't eat it, it makes me ssssssiiicccckkkk!" So dramatic:) He loves to dip, especially with ketchup, but recently Uncle Timmy introduced him to ranch with his fries! Thanks tim.










Mikey is sometimes very particular with what I call him....Somedays it will be "I'm not Mikey, I'm Michael!" He defintely has his own thoughts and very inquisitive. "What is that Mama?" "Where is she?" "Why?" "Why?" Especially when we are reading a book, I can't even get through once side of the page without a million questions. Then when we answer them all, and I turn the page he says, "No go back Mommy!" Joey gets a little frustrated while we read, but the questioning is a good skill to practice:) He is very into "Cars" and "Handy Manny". He LOVES sports. Anything with a ball is a fav, even bowling. We have the little tikes bowling set and we have "games" all the time. It is so fun. Mikey gets so into it..he really concentrates:) Speaking of sports, Mikey is in a class called "Soccer for Me Too" It is on Tuesday mornings from 9:15-10:00am and he is doing very well. It is a very small class, so the kids have ample time to play. Then on Mondays I volunteer at Joey's preschool and Mrs. Joyce allows me to bring Mikey along. He is part of the class! Even when we pick up Joey everyday, the kids in the class say "Bye Mikey! Bye Joey's Mom!" Mikey loves the attention. He is really good at listening during circle time too. A few weeks ago, Mrs. Joyce was doing an activity with letters. Each student had a letter and you had to match it with a letter on the board. Mikey had an "A" and when it was his turn he didn't even hesitate to walk up there and place it right on top of the other "A" I was so proud! So, I want to start looking in to preschools for him in the fall, even for a few days a week. He is ready:)










Sorry for the long update, but it is to help me remember all their wonderful moments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment